Tuesday 19 August 2014

"I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I am preparing appropriate retribution."

Well here we are with my very first post. After stumbling on to some sewing blogs (A Million Dresses and Dolly Clackett) via the Aspire website I've become inspired to have a go at making my own clothes, more specifically, dresses!

I love dresses and I'm always drawn to them when shopping but being of a slightly rounder body shape than is fashionable these aren't always available in my size in the patterns I love. So this is why I have decided to take the plunge and try and make one myself. So I have committed and bought not one but TWO patterns off of amazon, read all about patterns and how to use them and ordered some lovely fabric(with the help of my lovely fiancĂ© Chris)  with Paris landmarks on it that I'm hoping to wear on my honeymoon there. Oh yes, not only am I venturing into the brave new world of sewing, I'm also planning my wedding at the same time, only 11 weeks and 2 days to go! I know it would probably be best not to start a new project while the wedding is still going on but I can't help it, I got excited! Along side these fabulous projects I am also attempting to re-watch all of The West Wing now it is on Sky On Demand because I LOVE them all so much. It is very 90s now but it still is so good for the snarkiness for example, the title of this post!


So I will keep the world updated on my sewing exploits on this fresh brand spanking new blog. I'm currently awaiting my material and then have to go and borrow (steal!) my Mum's sewing machine to head into my dressmaking era.

No comments:

Post a Comment