Tuesday 6 January 2015

I actually sewed something!!!


Well after having this blog for nearly 6 months I have sewn my first item and shockingly it wasn't for me! Just before christmas I made a stocking for my
husband (oh yeah, I got married btw!) We do proper presents but the last few years we've done each other a little stocking £10 limit max and I decided to make his stocking this year instead of using the shop bought ones we've had previously. After much research I went with the EASIEST pattern I found which was from sew scrumptious (  http://sewscrumptious.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/christmas-stocking-tutorial-and-pattern.html?m=1) plus it had a free pattern so a definite winner! And I also bought my lovely christmas fabric from Duttons for Buttons in York, christmas fat quarters with lovely reindeer on them. 
Now considering I made the stocking on the first day of having the flu I'm quite impressed with myself. I had to go and use the mothership's sewing machine as I didn't have one (...yet...more on that later!) here's some photos as I'm very proud of it 

And now to my new sewing machine!! I treated myself in the sale to a little try out machine. It was only £25 (half price!) and does all the basics and is light enough to carry easily. I figure it's enough to keep me going while I learn and then I can get a proper one if I want. I now feel a lot more excited about sewing again, sort of lost interest with the wedding going on but now I'm looking forward to the summer and have plans of at least a few made by me items and possibly shirt for my husband. Anyway that's all folks...I'm off to the land of nod now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment