Thursday 16 October 2014

Autumn days when the grass is jewelled...

Can I just say...I love autumn! Come on...who doesn't love crunching those autumn leaves! 



I think as I'm getting older I appreciate the seasons a lot more, especially now that I'm not at school/university with a  timetable which defines when things happen. I think as a child, winter just meant Christmas and the summer meant school holidays and I didn't really notice what happened in-between those times, spring and autumn didn't feature at all. But now I'm a grown up (in name if not in spirit!) I do feel these things more. 

I first noticed the lovely first shoots of spring a few years back after a horrific winter which just seemed to be freezing and snowing for most of it which is unusual for England especially way down in the midlands where I live. The green poking out of the muddy dark ground really lifted my spirits and when the flowers started showing up, well I was a happy lady! 

And now we have a gorgeous and warm autumn (seriously England, sort out your weather!) which has left all the trees with amazing colours. I live in a small town in the middle of countryside and driving to work with all of the reds, oranges and yellows, it really makes the journey a bit less tedious. And there's the added bonus of pumpkin spiced latte these days! I am finding that since husband-to-be bought me my camera last Christmas I look at scenery differently and I'm longing to be able to capture the leaves with some skill. I just wish I had time to go and out take photos but at the moment every spare minute seems to be doing wedding stuff which I know I can't complain about as I want it to be a day full of gorgeous loveliness that everyone enjoys...I just wish I had a bit more spare time! 

Especially I am wanting time to do get on with my sewing, I bought patterns in the summer aiming to make pretty dresses, now with the weather turning I'm not sure if they are really appropriate any more. I guess I'll just have to try and find some autumn/winter patterns to check out. In the meantime I have a little project that I want to start which is a blanket for my best friend's soon to be born baby, the doctors are 99% sure that she's having a little girl so I'm thinking about a nice purple/pink blankie for her. I do like the idea of being able to make something for my friends as it makes a present all the more personal and if it's not done by the time she is born then it will be a great Christmas present for her.

Anyway, I'd better head off as I have wedding glueing and sticking to be doing, I'll leave you with some lovely autumn fun...



No comments:

Post a Comment